Pages

.

She Had A Plan...



Party is over, time to take a little break from the holiday/birthday madness. At least I had Mother Humble around to assist and of course by 'assist', I mean take control and override me in her special motherly way.

She relieved me of all duties related to cooking for the littlest Humble's birthday party today. Mother Humble just booted me out of the kitchen, telling me she had 'a plan'. So I turned her loose, not that I or anyone else had the power to stop her.

That's just how Mother Humble rolls.



So she whipped up an array of little tea sandwiches and other snacks for the mid-afternoon party spread from all the ingredients I had bought for MY plan. These included Curried Chicken & Apple, English Cheddar & Spring Onion, Turkey & Cranberry, BLT, Pastrami & Swiss, PB&J, Cream Cheese & Cucumber, Egg Salad, Smoked Salmon & Dill and at least two others. All laid out on slate boards with chalk descriptions for the guests.

She also set out blanched vegetables, salads, deviled eggs, my husband's Chinese BBQ pork and whatever else she wanted.

I got to have fun playing 'tornado whips through the doll house' with the birthday girl.



Happy birthday kiddo. Your mom would appreciate a nice long nap on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment