Pages

.

One Of Those Days...



I can fail right? Ms. Humble is allowed to do that?

Well nothing went right today, I had flop after flop.

First there was the blood orange tarts. The components came together perfectly, the bright and beautiful blood orange curd, the creamy grand marnier mascarpone mousse and perfect little shortbread tarts.

All tasty, ready to be layered together and garnished with a little twist of candied orange peal.

Sounds good so far, right?

Then I assembled them like I was blind folded and wearing boxing gloves. I think I would have produced more attractive tarts had I used a sling shot to propel the ingredients at the shells.

Total failure.

So then I moved on to my next project. Molten chocolate cakes with dulce de leche centers. I melted my butter... prepped my ramekins with butter and cocoa, made my batter, added my chilled caramel and baked.

Mid-way through the baking process I notice that my melted butter is still sitting there, cooling on the counter.

This is bad.

I left out a major ingredient of my cakes. Great! Remarkably, the molten cakes came out rather well, considering the total lack of butter, Still, I'm not going to parade my shame-cakes on the blog. I'll try those again tomorrow, with butter.

The forgotten dish of melted butter still needed a use, so I set it on the stove intent on making ghee.

Which I promptly burned.

That's when I threw in the towel. Mr. Humble is making dinner tonight because I cannot be trusted in the kitchen. I don't even think I can be trusted with the microwave.

I need to get my groove back.

Perhaps I am just tuckered out from a three day marathon of making dozens of these:







Well at least there is something pretty for me to post today.

I'm taking no prisoners in the kitchen tomorrow. No more of this sloppy execution nonsense!

No comments:

Post a Comment