Pages

.

Big Mac(arons)



Pure Saturday morning silliness!

Big Macs! Macaron style (Please don't sue me, McDonald's!)

I came up with this idea last night, after Not So Humble Reader Cara Mia commented that my macarons looked just like a cheeseburger t-shirt print. I almost couldn't sleep I was so excited about making cheeseburger macarons.

That's the sign of true food blogger madness, right? It has been a steady decent into foodie loony-land since I started this blog. A few weeks ago I stumbled across a 20lb bag of arborio rice for $12 and I grabbed one and ran to the cash register, cackling with glee.

Yes, cackling.

It is the Food Blogger Madness, I tell you!

So the Big Mac(arons), let me give you a quick rundown as to how they were made...



They are just my ordinary Italian meringue shells, sprinkled with a few sesame seeds. Marzipan cheese, rolled and cut from a mixture of almond paste, powdered sugar and egg-yellow food gel. Beef patty made from dark chocolate ganache (photographed before it had a chance to set). Coconut lettuce whipped up from a little sweetened flaked coconut and electric-green food coloring gel.

The result: totally silly.

Just the way I like things.

The flavor... Well the mixture of coconut, chocolate, almond, and toasted sesame is a little odd. However, the taste is made up for in pure amusement.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment