Pages

.

Science Cookie Roundup #2

Time for my second science cookie roundup! Thank you to everyone who took the time to email me photos of their science theme baking! I love getting the links and photos, they are always such a treat (pun sorta intended)!

Since today's round up falls on Darwin Day, I'm going to kick things off with the following cake:

Evolved Chocolate Cake by Diana Glennie of Kitchen Fallout
"...Originally I was going to go with a traditional frosted cake with a design on it, but I couldn't think of anything more inspiring than a Darwin fish which, while its poignant, is pretty basic and boring. In my state of lack of imagination, I decided to ask my favourite sciency chef, Ms. Humble, for some ideas, to which she replied, "Off the top of my head I would do (the most amazing cake idea ever)." The result? The yummy, easy, chocolate cake you see below."



The BALB/c Mouse Cookies By LabMom of
The toughest job you'll ever love
(please note the albinism including pink eye and tail)





Yeast Two-Hybrid Screen Cookies by Bonne
"My first-ever batch of iced cookies. My friend has been doing a yeast two-hybrid screen, which is the subject of my cookies. The colonies are nonpareils, mostly white except for the few blue positive colonies"





Mitosis Cookies By Reflections of a Science Teacher
If only my high school science classes had been this delicious!


A Science Themed Cookie Collection from BakedFish





Amazing Earth Cookies made for GIS day!

Pepperkakor and Royal Icing Dinosaur Fossils

by GeekLady of Om Nom Nom...



Paleontology Cookies by Gnumoon's Stuff


Make Solar Cookies with your children from The Science Mouse



Engineering Cookies: Centrifugal Governor Cookies By Málaga
"My husband is an engineer, and my brother works in IT, therefore sometimes I bake "geek" cakes or cookies for them and their colleagues. He is a professor at the university in my city. This year, they have a new building for their college and to celebrate it and his birthday, I made Watt's Governor cookies. "

Going to wrap up this roundup with the fantastic 'Plague of Locust' Cookies
from Sproglet of I Have A Blog Now?
"I run student practicals every year in which we play with locusts...so for me, locusts sprang immediately to mind....after the shenanigans of today I really do wish they hadn't..."

If you sent me cookies and I missed them in this roundup, or I told you I would list them this month and have not, don't panic. I really DO like your cookies, I'm just not very organized (or at least, not organized enough). So! If I missed you, just let me know and I'll fix that ASAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment