Pages

.

Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies


More cookies today!

I've been craving peanut butter lately so earlier this week I whipped up a batch of these cookies cute little sandwich cookies.

Since I baked these cookies late in the evening, when the lighting is terrible for food photography, I boxed them up and tossed them into the freezer. I will often freeze things this way, since not only does it preserve the food until I'm ready to photograph, it usually deters would-be-snackers who pass through the kitchen.

Key word here is usually.

As it turns out, freezing these cookies is no deterrent. When a half dozen sandwiches went missing, I questioned the usual suspects and learned that they're quite good straight from the freezer. I tried them and discovered they're indeed terrific frozen and everyone I give them to agrees.

Crisp, frosty peanut butter wafers, a cool silky smooth filling, it almost makes peanut butter... refreshing?!

I know it makes no sense, you'll just have to try them to understand.


No comments:

Post a Comment