Pages

.

Science Cookies: Periodic Table



Well the science cookies seem to be a big hit and I really like making them, so I am going to continue to indulge my science geek side. Periodic table cookies?

Chemistry and baking are very much alike, right? They both utilize precise measurements and techniques in the hopes of getting just the right chemical reaction. Sometimes while tinkering around you create something amazing... and sometimes you just get a really nasty smell.

Really the only difference is, in chemistry you never get to lick your spoons.

Bummer.

Anyway on to the silly cookies...


I'm not sure the evening following Thanksgiving dinner was the best time to attempt these. I was pretty tired and I know that tends to make me sloppy, not exactly the ideal mindset for making iced cookies. I admit I plowed through making these. However, despite my 2 hour rush job, I think they turned out pretty darn cute.









Yes, I know I left off the lanthanides and the actinides (and those flakey unun-elements too). I ran out of dough, sorry. When I make these cookies again (only bigger and more awesome!) I'll be sure to include them.




No comments:

Post a Comment