Pages

.

Science Cookie Round Up #1



Science cookie round-up time!

I'm working on my next batch of science cookies, they require a lot of drying time between icing so it is probably going to take a few days work. (Note: my dodgy circuit board cookies are not the current project, they are just a little side science cookie I played with a while back.) So, until I finish this next round of baking and icing science cookies, I thought I would do a science cookie round-up for all the eager science cookie fanatics out there.

These are some of the cookies I've stumbled across or have been sent to me and I love them. Popularizing science through baking is a very good thing. If anyone would like to do, or has done a little science themed baking, e-mail me some cookies and I'll be happy to post them in the second round-up.

So, lets get to the cookies! Starting with these awesome cookies by Katy. I think it was worth covering her kitchen "in powdered sugar and chunks of icing ribosomes."


Petri Dish cookies by lalzi22:

A great assortment of science cookies from Tamsin, Carrie and Katie:


I just love that warty toad.

Trilobite spritz cookies from Elyse:


Fractical cookies by the Evil Mad Scientist:


Maitreya's petri dish and C. elegans cookies:


A nice selection of flora and fauna from Prophet-of-bloom.blogspot.com and bakeoff-flunkie.blogspot.com:

(The above are done with natural plant dyes, how sweet is that!)



Dylana's amazing and periodic table (she used store bought shortbread squares which was a brilliant move):

Those C. elegans at Dartmouth are pretty fancy:


Love Christina's conical flask cookies:


We will end the round-up on Benjamin's delightfully disturbing esophageal dysphagia cookies (and they get even weirder after the jump):

No comments:

Post a Comment