Pages

.

Crackpot! Well, a cracked pot...

One of my rare photos of food service/preparation in Morocco
This fellow had some delicious food in clay pots and lucky for me,
was happy to demonstrate for me (and my camera).



Does anyone with ceramics-smarts read my blog?

I brought back a lot of ceramics from Morocco (if I can't bring back food, I'm bringing back things to cook with!). Unfortunately, one of the pieces I brought home cracked. It isn't terrible, a couple hairline cracks at the base of the pot but I'm concerned about the pot's functionality now (I doubt it is water tight). I want to use this pot and I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas for repairing it?

Clay pots filled with food at Chez Lamine Hadj Mustapha
At least, I think that was its name
There may have been two restaurants in this little building, one upstairs and one down

We ate downstairs


The pot looks like the above. It is partially glazed (the inside and the top) and appears to be a heavy stoneware.

These pots are a bit of a mystery to me, so if you happen to know what they're called or how they're used, please fill me in! I'd really appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment