Pages

.

DEATH BY CHOCOLATE TRIFLES SERVED IN YOUR FINEST CRYSTAL GLASSES

Why do we save our crystal glasses for holidays? Lucky for me, my mom cooks most holiday dinners and when I do host the holiday....I use paper goods!  (shhhhhhh!!!!!!!)  So.... my gorgeous china has not had much kitchen action!  How silly!  So why not eat a totally decadent death by chocolate trifle in a stunning glass!  I say, Bring it on!!!!!
 Homemade Chocolate Cake, Hot Fudge Topping, Oreos and Whipped Cream.  Just keep repeating these 4 decadent ingredients until you reach the top.  Throw on a cherry and dig in! Best eaten when the kids are asleep because they are NOT eating out of my crystal glasses.  I mean, I have to draw the line somewhere, don't I? LOL! Chocolate cake recipe below!!!



Fabulous Chocolate Cake Recipe:
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 cups cocoa powder
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup buttermilk
  • 1 cup hot coffee
  • 1/2 cup canola oil
  • 2 large eggs
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla 


    1. Preheat oven to 350.Line two 9x13 pans with nonstick foil.
    2. In a mixer, combine dry ingredients.
    3. Add in the buttermilk, hot coffee, oil, eggs, and vanilla. Mix on medium speed until well combined 1-2 mins.
    4. Divide batter among pans and bake until a toothpick inserted comes out almost clean, about 15-20 minutes. Let cakes cool completely.
    This recipe makes 2 cakes. Freeze one for another time if only making a few trifles.  You can, of course, use this same concept and make a large trifle in a standard trifle dish! 

    Assembly:
    Cut the cake into small squares. Layer Cake, Hot Fudge Topping, Oreos and Whipped Cream.  Just keep repeating these 4 decadent ingredients until you reach the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment